Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 A-cab with 245/75/16 and I was wondering if I would be able to fit 285/75/16 on there. My goal is to get wider tires, and I'm not concerned about lifting the truck or getting bigger rims. What size rim do I need?

Bkelile

·
Registered
739 Posts
doubt it, they will probably rub when your turning and hit a bump or going in/out of a driveway. lift that thing!!!!!!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Here is my truck with a 2 3/4 lift and 285/70/17 which is equivelent to 285/75/16. Still not much room to clear a larger tire.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much did the lift kit cost? I might have to wait for awhile before I have enough for tires and a lift. In the meantime I am going to get a new Flowmaster and tips, since it's more affordable for me. Did you mod your exhaust?

·
Registered
739 Posts
It was 950 for the coilovers and 450 or so for the Upper control arms. But I bought my lift for function and i use it. If your just street driving there are cheaper combos out there. Just search.

I put a Bassanni single in, dual out exhaust on my truck. Its the exact sound i was looking for, not too lound when im on the freeway and wakes up when i romp on the throttle.

·
DesertMatt760
121 Posts
I personally have a 285/45/r22 tire on my 05 DC and its fine. When i make a sharp U-turn, its rubs slightly, but very little. I check under the truck and tired when I first heard it and didnt really see any problem at all!! This is all with a stock suspension with the TRD off road package. Works fine for me!! looks good to, to have that big wide tire!!, lots of grip and no squealing!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts