Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Tundra with a 2.5 OME lift front and back for use as a Fire QRV. Currently have the stock tires and wheels on it. Looking for a bigger tire that will fit with the lift with no mods. ALSO... VERY IMPORTANT... needs to have clearance for chains during snow/ice. Have looked at dozens of threads about 285/75r18 and the 305/6r18 with no mention of chaining. Can anyone help?!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am stationed in Alaska at the moment, I have a 3in leveling kit on mine. When I was running a 285 65 18 I had plenty of room in the fender wells for chains if I ever needed them. I don't think the 285 75 18s will have enough room though. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took another look yesterday and it seems like the UCA is way too close for chains, even with stock tires. Did you have any problems? Thanks for your quick reply.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have a 2007 Tundra with a 2.5 OME lift front and back for use as a Fire QRV. Currently have the stock tires and wheels on it. Looking for a bigger tire that will fit with the lift with no mods. ALSO... VERY IMPORTANT... needs to have clearance for chains during snow/ice. Have looked at dozens of threads about 285/75r18 and the 305/6r18 with no mention of chaining. Can anyone help?!
I have run both of these tires, and neither will accommodate chains at full turning lock. I had to bend up the corner of my skid plate (very common) so these tires would not rub during full-lock turns. That being said, the Toyo AT-II 285/75-18 is an awesome tire on this truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help! Has anyone used chains on a stock 2007 Tundra? The UCAs look WAY too close to the tire to make it work. Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts