Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing new tires from the factory originals and was curious as to how big I can go. I'm not sure what the originals are(in office right now). I have a 2006 Tundra crew cab 4X4.
Anyone have an idea?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
nope !! i am a long way from hooterville!! but when ya figure out the size call these guys they are the pros on questions such as this!! The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels they can give you info on wheels and rims and you can feel safe with their answers!! they have atoll free # just get it from their site and when ya call let them know you have a tech question and they will hook ya up!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Depends on what ya want! I have 285/70/17 in Nitto Terra Grappler A/T. Also have 2.5" Daystar front lift. I've read these will fit without the lift. However, I am sure you could fit 32x11.5 stock! I love the look of a A/T or something of the sort. Makes it look like a truck if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm doing a 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift and a Trailmaster 2" leveling kit. Will I clear 285's on the stock wheels with this setup on a 2006?

Chris

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tirerack people are good they actually called me after I ordered online to reconfirm the details of an order. You don't see that kind of service everyday!

·
Registered
141 Posts
265/70/16 are what came on my 2006 tundra dc stock. i now have 265/75/16 nitto terra grapplers and they rub on mud flaps when front tires are compressed and im turning only to the right. eliminate mud flaps and youll eliminate rubbing. however, if nitto made 265/70/16, i would go with that size instead of the larger, but they dont.

·
Registered
271 Posts
265/70/16 are what came on my 2006 tundra dc stock. i now have 265/75/16 nitto terra grapplers and they rub on mud flaps when front tires are compressed and im turning only to the right. eliminate mud flaps and youll eliminate rubbing. however, if nitto made 265/70/16, i would go with that size instead of the larger, but they dont.
Is your truck lifted at all? Do you have any pics?

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been wondering this same question also. Does anyone have pics of their truck wearing 285/70 R17's or know if this would fit without a lift.:ts:

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm running 285/60R-18 Nitto Grapplers on my 2006 Double Cab. I do have some rubbing on the mud flaps when turning very tight corners (especially backing up). I do not have a lift & am thinking of removing the front mud flaps this weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts