Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
this year i rasied the 02 tundy 3'' with a toy tech kit , then i wanted to go prerunner . . . that all changed last week . . sitting think bout all work needed to run 35s correctly(gears etc)just cant afford it plus the truck is slower with the 33's(305 55 20) to begin with . . . and so thoughts have changed for the best !!
by december i will b purchasing the sos drop kit 2'' in front and 4 out back . . throw 295's out back and 265's in front . . . then when tax time comes im goin to get 22's . . my question is tho since my truck is 4x4 if i put 30'' diameter tire in front and 31'' diameter tires in back would it be that big of a deal ? that one inch ?
i know since it a 4x4 that all tires should b the same all round but i would like a lil bigger in the rear, i know width isnt much of a worry but over all is it that big of a deal . . . thank guys

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
If you want the street gangster look, get rid of your 4WD and buy something appropriate. And yes, it is important that you have all 4 tire diameters the same.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
No, don't do that, unless you're planning on making this a 2WD street truck.

Decide what you want to do, big tires and little wheels, or little tires and big wheels? Tall or small? Capable or flashy? Or a little of all of the above?

Do you actually use the 4WD system?

You can run a wide 33" tire in the back, and a narrow in front, but they must be the same diameter to use the 4WD system.

Sort out what you want. Right now, you're all over the map...big wheels, but you have 4WD, but you're talking prerunner, but you want a sport truck now, but...

Right now, this very second, all you need in order to run a 35" tire is a sawzall, an angle grinder, some sheetmetal, and a welder. I ran 35" tires on stock running gear and about a 3.5" lift for several years, on and offroad, and while it wasn't the most ideal gearing for mountains or crawling, it worked well enough to cover a lot of ground.

-Sean

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hear you both . . and honestly i dont do any off roading so 4 me its all a waste just got a 4x4 due to the winters on longisland and also just for the secirty of having it . . . i love having a nice truck , i always get compliments plus me a my boy are gonna do paint and body work to it over the winter and all in all i have to save money . . in my eyes tho its not worth it all to me . y am i gonna b high like every one else on long island ?? over here i love standing out from the crowd . . . . but both of you said keep the tires the same size but what if 4x4 isnt ingaged ? like it has been all summer ? prob b like that all fall too ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts