Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my 2002 Tundra 4x4 tires and want something better and meatier than the Bridgestone that Toyota put on it new.

The tires are 265/70R16 - I don't mind the same size, but want something that is more suited to light offroad (e.g. more tread and more rugged), while still performing on the highway.

I also don't mind moving up a size, but prefer to keep the 16' rims.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
417 Posts
i got the same size tire you do and i picked these up at the dealer for $437 out the door there a good tire and look pretty good too
tires...tires there merit all country lxt

·
Registered
469 Posts
BFG All-terrain:tu:

They are one of the more beefier looking AT tires.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
I got the Firestone Destination ATs from Tirerack.com for about$100 apiece and I am very pleased with them.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yoko Geolanders have been great for me so far with 10000 kms. Next to no wear, no more road noise than the factory tires on my Taco (Grand Treks) and excellent in all the conditions I have come accross in my daily driving. (snow ice mud gravel etc)

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Go to The Tire Rack - Your performance experts for tires and wheels and look at the survey results for the AT tires. They have some helpful info. I went with the Dueler A/T REVO. I like them a lot. They seem to ride well and have GREAT traction. Ony 5K on them so a little early to tell. So far so good.

Good Luck

·
Registered
208 Posts
I spent a long time searching for the best deals on line. By far the two cheapest were 4Wheel Parts.com and Sportztrailers.com. I ended up going with 4Wheel Parts. Arrived quickly.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Dude, I can't say enough about how much I love my Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. They are the best tires I've ever driven on. They have a great looking tread, suited for off-road, and they work great on pavement as well. I drove through some mud with my 2wd non-lsd Tundra, and they handled the mud like a champ. Originally I had the crappy Bridgestone Dueler 689 ht from factory. They suxored.
My new Revos are amazing. They are very quiet too. It was raining torrentially in Houston yesterday and today, and I was driving home from work, and was hitting these huge puddles of water, but the tires just shrugged the water off. I knew they were good, but today just re-affirmed my conviction. I will definitly be getting these again.
Oh, and I got the 265/75-16 on the stock wheels. They look a bit meatier, and they fit. But I also have a 2.5" lift in the front.:tu:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Nitto Terra Grapplers all the way :tu:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I went with the Destination AT's (256-75-16) and am well pleased. Quiet, smooth ride, nice tread design. also easier on the wallet than some of the others mentioned. See reviews at TireRack.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts