Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my 2001 tundra has 67000 miles on it. Its a northern truck and has some surface rust under the truck but nothing serious. The tires are good tread but have started cupping/feathering REALLY bad. (depends who you ask if its actually feathering or cupping). It also pulls a little to the right. I know it needs an alignment and tires but what else could i be looking at? Bushing, ball joints, shocks all come to mind but im not sure how to tell if my current ones are bad. Im pretty sure something is bad worn by the way my tires are looking. i would say all parts on the suspension are original (or so they appear)because the tires are cracking before the tread is worn and the truck only had 50000 miles when i bought it a year ago.

Ive seen the chaos steering bushings which look like a nice upgrade for the price. Do i need polyurethane everything else too? Or will new rubber ones do a fine enough job?

How many more bushing are there to replace to get back to new? Up and lower control arms and sway bars is all i can think of. is that right? Should i just replace everything to be sure or could i still have life in some of these parts at 10 yrs and 67000 miles? Thanks guys and please buy all means throw everything at me. I wanna get this thing right and safe before the baby gets here.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Struts and shocks for sure plus the alignment. My truck needed struts and shocks at 36k and its strictly a street truck. Your steering rack bushings probably need to be replaced as well as the sway bar bushings. You might also consider replacing the front brakes if your budget allows for it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
already looking at bilstein HD shocks today as well as the total chaos steering bushings. Are the sway bar bushings hard to change? SHould i worry about the control arm bushings at this time?

checked alighment shop today they said shocks too first thing. I know brakes are ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts