Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 tundra 5.7 Trd with 22,000 miles, stock tires and suspensions,
the tires on all four corners are about 1/2 way out and the outter edges are about 1mm more worn out than the middle or inner edges...consistent on all four.

Is this normal wear pattern or is the truck is out of alignment?
No I have no accident or hit any potholes nor do any off road thing...just flat concrete driving.

Is alignment covered under warranty?

Thanks for your inputs.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
It could be alignment and if youre at 22k and haven't had one you could go ahead and get one. What tires do you have and what pressure do you run? If you are under pressure even a little you can get extra outside wear.

Edit just saw where its a trd so you have the ragged trails. I don't remember what pressure I ran that at but go by whats on the tire not the door of the truck.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Have you been rotating the tires?? It makes a difference!:eek:
The outside wear indicates that your air pressure is too low. Try running something more like 40 psi.:tu:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stock Tires 265/65-18 BFG rugged trail or whatever it's called..
40 psi all around. I check quite often so no under pressure here.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rotate ? No...
But it's worn even on all four corners as stated in 1st post so I don't see how it can benefit cuz it'll be the same no??

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Alignments are cheap and tires are expensive. If you think it could be the alignment just get one done.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So this is abnormal wear?
No other people with tundra experiences this kind of wear?
Alignment is cover under basic warranty? (I also have 7yr/100k platinum warranty)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Alignment is maintenance, it's on you. The rugged trails aren't great tires so uneven wear isn't uncommon.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I have the exact same wear on the Dueler H/T's. I run 38psi all around. I chalk it up to cornering in a heavy truck. I think my driving style caused this. I am almost the the wear bars at 36,500 miles and will be purchasing new tires soon. I rotate every 5000 miles.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I have the exact same wear on the Dueler H/T's. I run 38psi all around. I chalk it up to cornering in a heavy truck. I think my driving style caused this.
Ditto on this.....heavy trucks, cornering and not-so-great OEM tires= excessive wear. You do need to rotate the tires regualrly and check the pressure. The stock pressure system, TPMS, sorta works, but I would not bet my wallet on it. I had mine replaced at about 21k and they are 1/2 worn. I use them for our winter trips. Have yoru alignment checked cuz even the slightest bumps at the right angle can knock it out (read: speed bumps, curb clips, pennies in the road)

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
This is pretty common on trucks of any size and when you upsize the tires it adds to the amount of feather on the outer edges. If you have a 4X4 and use that often that add to the wear a little more too. I find that if I cross rotate the wheels it tend to help flatten the outer edges more even on time. Now if you got cupping going on thats more of an alignment or front end problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts