Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post. I have a '01 Tundra with no lift. I am about to replace the tires on it. Currently, I am running 265/70r16 Geolander HT. For what I use the truck for, I need a more aggressive tire. My question is what is the absolute biggest tire I can fit with no cutting, no lift and factory wheels. ANY advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hard to recommend a tire without knowing your intended use but if you were satisfied with the Geolandar, you can safely go an inch larger in diameter. I use the Geolandar AT/S in size LT265/75R16 119/116R (D) for towing a small travel trailer and the occasional off-road excursion. The sidewalls stand up to rocks much better than the P265s. Have had no clearance problems but the speedometer is off by about 3.4%. That calculates to a 2 mph error at 60. Not enough to get you ticket in most jurisdictions but it makes figuring gas mileage more difficult. The LT285/75R 16s will create a 7.4% error and may cause a noticeable change in your final drive ratio. Not good for towing or mountain driving and for that reason alone, I never tried them. There could be clearance issues if you get the frame in a twist off-road. Tire size calculator

1 - 2 of 2 Posts