Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need opinions. Should I get tires or a Borla exhaust? I have 18s on the truck now but bought the 20inch DC-1s because they were such a good deal. I just found a Borla exhaust on Craigslist. Now do I get tires or the exhaust?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Depends on how much it costs. I paid $700 for mine about 4 years ago new from Performance Products. I can tell you this, I would have prefered something a little louder, as the Borla is a bit more melow than I anticipated.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Tires, exhaust is waste of money, no performance gain, in most cases a loss of low end torque.

·
Registered
330 Posts
07 You sound like me (exhaust,tires) Hmm!

If your saving a lot of money on the exhaust you want then go for it.

You can always pick up a set of tires later.

Oh and for all the people that say your wasting your money, just tell them you worked for it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Cooter. I just put Borla cat back side exits on 2 days ago and am very happy with it, a bit pricey ($984 to my door) so if you can save a decent amount I would go with the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I would get Borla.:devil:
Since you can wait for tires until they go on sale.:tu:;)

·
Registered
918 Posts
What kinda rubber is on there now. If it's fresh with plenty of life, get the Borla then when the current tires are on their way out do something about that. Borla costs what Borla costs, tires come in different brands and go on sale. If the tires on there will need to replaced soon anyway, that's where I'd spend the money now.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Use the money you save on the exhaust to put an intake in too. Don't do one without the other!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Borla. I've had mine on for about 40K miles now and love it. Yes, I think it could be a bit louder at times, and yes I've taken the muffler off twice to get that sound, but it always goes back on after a week.

I'd rather have good sounding exhaust than ****** sounding exhaust that's loud.

If you can live without having the loudest exhaust, then ahving the best sounding exhaust sure will work for ya (IMO. I think Corsa sounds real good too).

-rockstate

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
do both. save the borla money and just either get duals done at an exaust place if thats what you want, or just replace the muffler if sound is all you are after. there are no other gains to be had, no performance or gas mileage or anything so its just do you want to spend $$$$$$ to have a good sounding exhaust that has a fancy name or $$ or $ to have good sounding exhaust? unless of course you found it used for like $$ to begin with..then go with it.....

·
Registered
330 Posts
Neither, go with Corsa single side out.

I just ordered my corsa yesterday and can't wait. (single out with dual tip):tu:

Debated for a long time between borla and corsa, but corsa finally won--HELLS YEAH!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts