Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my tire/wheels on my '10 TRD Tundra. I need to know what the backspacing and wheel width limits are.

I don't want the wheels protruding far from the fenders.

I want a 20" wheel with a 33-35" tire, but have heard to be cautious about tire rubbing. If I lift my front end with the Tundra 3" leveler, what options will this allow?

I don't want off-road tires but more like Nitto Terra Grappler or road tire (I'm on road daily). Tundra has odd 5 lug configuration and i'd need names of wheel manufacturers who comply.

:)Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just got my Crewmax, and just joined the forum here. This is the exact question I have, so hope someone comes back with an answer. I'm putting a 3/1.5" lift on next week, and really, really want 35's if I can fit them. Will likely put them on a stock TRD rim (my truck has steelies, but I really like OEM better than aftermarket and love the shiny TRD wheels.
-Mike

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read where you have to be careful with the backspacing. Wide and tall tires can rub and the legal problems with tires protruding from the wheel wells. The dealer has no clue what the backspacing is here. I might have to pull off a tire to look at it.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Guys, on the top of the page there is a "SEARCH" button. Click on that and type in the keywords. It really works!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here is a picture of my truck with 3" front lift and 1.5" rear and 35x11.5/18 on TRD wheels. After a little bending/trim of the skid plate, no rubbing.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts