Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total noob here. Have stock 06 DC with stock 18' Enkei rims from dealer. Currently, I have 275/60/18 Michelin LTX. Have 71,000 on truck. I don't go off road. Street only. Should I stick with the Michelin tires and at that size or what size higher can I go without running the risk of rubbing anywhere underneath or turning left or right. Thanks all......

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'd stay with that size, since the electronics on the truck are set with a tire that height in mind. And with 71,000 miles on the Michelin's I'd be hard pressed to try something else as an experiment. They aren't cheap, but with care (and with 71,000 miles, you must take care of them) you'll more than get your money's worth.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Get some sticky ones - will save your truck (maybe even more) one day. Too bad i got way too much thread left on mine :( You'll only save like $200 but with these new fuel saving or sticky tires you'll be way better and safer in the long run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i also have the michelin ltx m/s. i would like a more aggressive tire but as far as a good tire goes the ltx is a damn good tire. wen i bought my truck it had 88000 adn about half tread. i have 125000 now and tires are still kicking

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
i've run nothing but michelins on my trucks for the past 20+ years. when i bought my 06 tundra dc, it came with a brand new set of michelin lattitude touring size 265/65/17. the lattitude touring give you that quiet michelin ride, long tread life, and to my surprise they handle amazingly well for such a high profile tire. and they are street tires too. if i had the 18" rims like you have and wanted another set of michelins, i'd hands down get the lattitude touring in at least a 265 width. 275 or 285 if they are available in those widths for your 18" rims.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts