Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 tundra DC non-JBL and im looking to upgrade the sound. I already own a TIS amp which says it does "Peak: 700 watts total output! (75W x 4 + 400W x 1)" and an American Legacy series 2 model LA490 i think (2 channel 600w peak).

since i already own these i figured i would just install them into my truck: the TIS for speakers and AL for sub. Im also gonna upgrade stock speakers.

My questions are
1) should i use both amps or just the TIS?
2) are these amps any good?(ive only used the TIS and only for a sub)
3) would it be better to save up and buy better stuff? ( i only have a $500 budget which i was gonna use for speakers and maybe a head unit)
4) how do i figure out RMS (i think its more than just divide the peak by 2 but i could be wrong)
5) where can i go to find out how to wire all this up?
6) and finally, whats the point of upgrading the stock head unit if im using amps?

I dont know much so any info will help
thanks in advance

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
both those amps are bottom end equipment. i would suggest saving up a little and getting some better entry level or mid level stuff. you will be happier and your stereo wont sound like butthole.

you can get a nice headunit and a few pairs of speakers for 5hundo. you could do that until your ready to go with the amplification route. in most cases people are happy without amps.

stock head units arent bad, but aftermarket ones have better features and options. and they "sound" better.

for all your questions go to Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers
and do some more research, you obviously have no idea what your getting yourself into. research and you will be better off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts