Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok about a year ago I put DT Longtubes on my truck and kept the stock headers and catz. I was wondering if I should sell the stock headers or not. I dont plan on putting them back on. I was just keeping them in case of a major engine problem, I got a Lifetime Powertrain warranty and the LT's would more than likely void warranty on some items. So if you were me would you sell the stock headers? Why or why not? What about the catz? What do you think I could get for the headers and the front catz?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
I would keep them just incase. Especially since you have the lifetime powertrain warranty.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I would keep them just incase. Especially since you have the lifetime powertrain warranty.
AGREED. Just-in-case, I'd keep them around. You probably won't get much for them, and if you HAD to buy new ones, for whatever reason, they'd probably cost a $hit load of $$$.

+1 for boxing them up & putting them on the shelves...

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Keep em. If anything happens down the road you can just put everything back and let toyota cover the bill.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Ill have to agree and say yes. The negatives far outweigh the postives in this case. If you sell them and need new ones, they will probably cost more than what you paid for the LT's. If you have any type of engine problem, even if its not related to the new headers, some dealers will try to blame it on the headers so you have to foot the bill. I did that on my 04 Sequoia and had some sensor keep going out and they blamed it on my entire exhaust setup since it was all after market.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I will just leave them in the shed in the DT box. Just wondered what you guys would do. Thanks for the input. Better safe than sorry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts