Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I put a bakflip cover on the bed of my Crewmax and I love it. Like you I weighed all the options and this ended up being my final choice. It is a hard cover and is very secure. It can not be opened without the tailgate being opened and of course the Tundra has a standard locking tailgate. The bakflip has three sections on the Crewmax and you simply flip up the sections you need to when hauling something large. I like it because you do not have to remove it when you want to haul large items. Also, when it is down it is secure and free from water. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is the only problem with the bakflip. The side rails are in the way of the clamps for the bakflip cover. What we did with mine was remove both of the rails on the side of the bed. The rail at the front of the bed does not interfere with the cover so it can be left in the truck. I put two of the hooks on the front rail and of course you have the four that are on the bottom of the truck bed giving you a total of 6. If you want to keep all of the bedrails then the bakflip will not work unless you choose to mount them lower under the bakflip clamps. Cover is low profile and very secure for those not concerned as much about the deck rails.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.