Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 double cab sr5 and was wondering if anyone did a diy storage with lock in the bed of the truck? Secondly, what is the length and depth size toolbox needed for the tundra?

·
Registered
344 Posts
How much diy are you looking to do? I built drawers in the bed of mine. It has a topper on it though. If I could go back I would have built them out of steel to be weather proof in case I ever want to take the topper off the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Really depends on a lot of things. How much storage do you need? I ran a 4 foot long tool chest for a few years. It served me very well but took up more bed space than I liked. I had lined up the two bed bolts by the cab and drilled holes through the floor of the chest so that I could use a pile of body washers and longer bolts to secure the box to the truck. Then I added a pair of swinging latches to add better locks because the lock my chest came with was pretty weak. I could push the panel in and Jimmy it open.

I later removed it and put in a pair of 30mm ammo cans bolted through the bed. They have small hardened locks front and back.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here is how I did mine, its all hrew 1.5" x0.120 wall tube. 40mm ammo cans and a tt motorsports jack mount.

Still lets me use the full bed and carry my spare.

Sean

Reactions: tundrunk
1 - 4 of 4 Posts