Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prepare to be in awe mates...

I previously bought some Oznium.com white leds and swapped out my gauges. They were too warm white for me..

BEFORE AND AFTER PICS comparing oznium white leds to ebay whites

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

My beautiful radio and hvac

The damn led screen is soldered on there so I couldn't get under :mad:

Picture of the radio apart

All of this with ebay LEDS!
I made sure and bought the ones with a high mcd number; all my leds were rated at 2500-3000 mcd.

Part #'s

HVAC and Gauges used PLCC-2 leds http://www.toyotatundraforum.com/electrical/2276-dash-led-swap-goodbye-amber.html << Good write up

Radio used 1206 (extremely small) Buy 50

I can try and answer and Q's

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Nice job! Love the white. I know many folks go with blue, but the white is definitely easier on the eyes and more "OEM." Clean, clean, clean! :tu:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sweet. That looks very clean and I like that lower footwell lights too. Nice job.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Look excellent - I'm a big fan. Looks like alot of work, but if I get the time someday I'll give it a shot. I wonder if you could add LED backlighting to the mirror-switch (which is blank).

Pts if I can

·
Registered
383 Posts
well done

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Looks nice. I did the same thing with my Tacoma when I had it.

The LED's under the radio display can be gotten to. You just have to solder de-wick the metal shroud tabs on the other side and remove it. Then you just "gently" pry back the LCD header and being careful to not break it.

For me though, the white lights wear on you at night and I preferred the reds and have decided to leave mine alone in the Tundra. I thing if these trucks came OEM with whites, everybody would want red because it is "different".

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I'd like it if it WERE red...too bad it's a yucky orange.

Must be technically easier to see at night, but it sho' is ugly.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i prefer the orange.....btu then again i dont see any appreciable difference between the before and after in this thread.....they look very similar to me, too close to have even messed with it. and its waaay too much work to just change the color IMO. back in the day when there were two or three screw in bulbs (non LED) and u could change it with the rubber condom looking covers and make it look however you wanted, i did it...but certainly not worth the effort nowadays IMO...but it does look good, dont get me wrong. but i think the white lights would get on my nerves at night.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh and you missed one....what about the SETUP US/M button....having one orange backlight in the mix is a no no hahaha.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Good job.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
oh and you missed one....what about the SETUP US/M button....having one orange backlight in the mix is a no no hahaha.
Good catch - I just noticed that. That and the traction-control switch down below

PH - looks like you still need to complete the "add-MPG-buttons" mod.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Good catch - I just noticed that. That and the traction-control switch down below

PH - looks like you still need to complete the "add-MPG-buttons" mod.
yeah i hear some goofball did a whole write up on the how to add mpg buttons...can't remember who.........:devil:

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ehhh I like the orange with the buttons so not gonna change em :)

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
damn i guess majority says its orange, so i guess im going with orange. but still looks red to me lol. the reason why its orange/red is because its easier on the eyes when your driving at night. the white lights cant be good for you because every time you look down at your cluster its gonna mess with your pupils(night driving).

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah its certainly not red...its orange. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi there they really look nice in white rather then that orange red colour,,,,, well i have a question and you the roller switch that controls the lights dome,,, if you want the dim it or brighten it?????

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hi there they really look nice in white rather then that orange red colour,,,,, well i have a question and you the roller switch that controls the lights dome,,, if you want the dim it or brighten it?????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts