Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do the TRD and Sports appearance package have different top speeds set at the factory? Some people say they cannot go above 107 some can.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you limited come with the 18 inch rims with michelins?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmm strange, remotemonkey what tires did your come with? Btw I am asking about the 5.7s.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
115 @ 5800 rpm DC on 18's.
Aint no more .......:cry:
and what package do you have, trd, limited sports appearance?

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have a double cab reg bed, 5.7 on alloy 18's it only went up to 107. i know cause i looked down, and my engine cut out right after, it was at 107, which is actually 105 cause the spedo is 2mph faster then actual speed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Toyota Sports Series package 118+ did not hit limiter.

***note "H" 135 mph rated tires

Please do not call out!:eek:

·
Registered
309 Posts
im pretty sure its 2mph off at all speeds, my fathers avalanch did the same. i can see why if it is. just to make sure your not speeding that much. it might be two percent off though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
There was a news story about this several months ago because this affects the odometer as well. The main impacts of an intentionally miscalibrated speedo/odometer (to the high side):

- Your warranty expires quicker. This saves Toyota $$$$
- MPG calculations (artificially high)
- Easier to get to 200,000 or 300,000 miles when accumulating at the faster rate.

This is something Toyota needs to fix. It's criminal.

But, I'm still going to buy a 2007 Tundra this summer (I hope).

·
Registered
144 Posts
i have a double cab reg bed, 5.7 on alloy 18's it only went up to 107. i know cause i looked down, and my engine cut out right after, it was at 107, which is actually 105 cause the spedo is 2mph faster then actual speed.
Time for Hypertech or Diablo or superchips to make a programmer ;);)

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I think what someone needs to do is take a GPS and take a reading of the real speed in their 07 Tundra. That will tell you if you need to get that speedo recalibrated.

Sanosuke!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've got a regular cab with sport pacakage and I've hit 110mph so far. Didn't notice it cut off there, one day I'll find my limit.....one day

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why is there such a big difference in top speeds? Are ecus set different from the factory depending on what tires the truck has? Can the top speed be reset at the dealer?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I am wary of taking advice from someone that discribes there '07 as a "black TuRD". NO:ts:

My speedo is acurate and has seen needle close to burying it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts