Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that anyone ever does this but I was wondering what is the top speeds on a 07 and up supercharged tundra. Mine is 125, that's seems a little low to me.

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
I know mine is not 07+ but I've got close to 130 and its scary at that speed, so I did not push any further. But I've heard that with earlier tune that tundra had, there was no limiter.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, not waving the finger but trucks shouldn't be going that fast, just too twitchy at high speeds. Mine feels dangerous above 100, uhhh so I've heard! :heh:
Point's sent for s/c envy.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Check the speed rating on those tires too... Most off road tires are limited to around 85mph... anything over that and you risk blowing one. These are not high speed rated tires... i dont suggest going that fast and if you do, going that fast very long.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a V rated tire which is good for 149. I don't have a issue with speed on the truck because I've lowered it and put a trd swaybar on the back. It handles real good. I just was wonder if other supercharged tundra are topping out around the same speed not that I do that sort of thing often.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
Good deal.. I was hoping you were not attempting this on stock long trails.... that could end VERY badly....

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
I hit 121 and I was done. I have Toyo M/Ts and I KNOW they ARENT speed rated for 121. I wont be finding out first hand what the top speed is cause it's faster than I will be going again. It's interesting to know though! :tu:

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Check the speed rating on those tires too... Most off road tires are limited to around 85mph... anything over that and you risk blowing one. These are not high speed rated tires... i dont suggest going that fast and if you do, going that fast very long.
Big 10-4 on that. I've only been above 100 once on these tires, and for a very short time. I normally never go over 70, which is more like 77 with the speedometer correction. Even then, not for extended periods. Where's GUTZ at? If anybody should chime in it should be him.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I know prior to the cold bug fix you could do at least 150mph, there's a video on youtube of some guy hitting that and verifying with GPS. I'll try to dig around and post it up here. But yeah I heard that after the fix the greatly reduced the top speed, makes me sad.

I was mistaken, he hit 156mph in this vid!!!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder what the difference is on the first ecu flash and the second ecu flash?

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
I know prior to the cold bug fix you could do at least 150mph, there's a video on youtube of some guy hitting that and verifying with GPS. I'll try to dig around and post it up here. But yeah I heard that after the fix the greatly reduced the top speed, makes me sad.

I was mistaken, he hit 156mph in this vid!!!
i gotta know where you when you were going 156 what roads were you on....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I wonder what the difference is on the first ecu flash and the second ecu flash?
Besides the reduction in top speed they fixed the "cold bug" where the engine cut power below 50ish with the supercharger. Besides that I dont know.

i gotta know where you when you were going 156 what roads were you on....
That's not me in the video. I think it's somewhere in mexico tho.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I think it's somewhere in mexico tho.
HAHAHA what did the music give it away??

I went 90 once in my RCSB tooooo scary won't do it again!!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I've hit the limiter in it's current unboosted guise, but you can put the limiter at 155 if you are a police service tundra. A guy in TN is a constable and has a fully charged Tundra with the limiter at this level. I asked Gadget about raising the limiter and he said:
It is not safe to drive that truck past the stock speed limiter. We did it on ours and the drive shaft exploded and almost caused the truck to roll over.

The best mod for you is the long tube headers, Y pipe, and the URD rear O2 sim.

It will really wake that truck right up.

Gadget

1 - 15 of 15 Posts