Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a mechanical question but thought I'd ask anyway. How many put the top up & lock the car when park for a short time? Unless I am going to be gone a long time I just leave the top down. Any comments - fire away. Coal miner

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Hey Coal Miner - how's it goin' down there? :)

It really depends on where I'd go - around here in Ojai, I wouldn't even bother to put up my windows or lock it. If I was somewhere around more populated locale, I would roll up the windows and lock it (also sets alarm). With the windscreen on the back they would have to break a window or climb over to get into anything. Mostly if I was down in LA or it was a hot day would I bother to put the top up... otherwise it was down at least 90% of the time.

I already miss it though - it's been about a week now...

Take it easy - Jeff

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its so easy to get into a convertable a 5 year old could do it. Plus damage the windows or top in doing so. So why bother? I don't leave anything in the car. Around here they have a fail safe tool for getting into any car in seconds. Its called a brick-Smash right through the window. My son re-possesses car & he could show you so many way to get into a car plus start it up & drive away your head would spin! Then you would see how locking a convertable is just a false sense of security. coal miner

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Exactly - and that goes for any car for that matter!

That's why I don't chose to live in those areas anymore as well. After 25 years in the greater LA area where locks and alarms are a way of life (along with other false senses of security like pepper spray and gated communities) - I'm so thankful that I can live outside of the chaos and only return to visit as necessary. Sometimes you don't even realize the amount of anxiety you hold in living with that stress until you don't have to anymore. ;)

Cheers - Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts