Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on the freeway and the car ahead of me kicked up a 4 foot long piece of wood. I didn't have time to swerve (and probably shouldn't have anyway) and the wood hit my front right side with a loud BANG. .. no flat, so I thought I was safe. When I got to work, I see that the front fender is hanging by the lower nut. :(

It's the front/lower portion of the fender that's over the wheel well. (The fender that only the Prerunners and 4x4's have)

So... would I be able to just get this one piece from the dealer (Is there even a part number for one piece)? How much am I looking at to have this replaced? Installation looks easy enough... :( :( :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, you can get the Overfender piece from a dealer or one of the internet parts sites without any problems. Install is easy to do on your own. They do not come painted to body color though. If yours are body color, then you will have to have it painted to match. Ask your dealer for a recommended body shop that does Toyotas, as there is a special process for painting the overfenders (there was a TSB issued about the procedure). If you are a paid member of this site, you can view the TSB's.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I caught some air the other day on the dunes and compressed so far that it pushed the front flare out on the left side and hung loose. Didn't break anything, just had to pull the screws out that mount it and thread them again. Sorry to hear yours broke...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, my brother-in-law purchased it through his shop, so it came out cheaper than the regular price. He's also buying the paint since the dealer wanted to charge nearly the price of the part to just PAINT it...

But yeah, the flare doesn't even have a SCRATCH on it. The piece of wood must have caught it at the perfect angle to tear off the plastic near the bolts, yet not make a dent or anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts