Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn on which 07 Taco to get. The dealer has a white TRD Off-Road D-Cab 4x4 with a snug top and a red TRD Sport D-Cab long bed. The white on is $32320 and the red one is $30829. I like both colors so that is not the issue. I was wondering which will hold the value the sport or the off-road? Also will I be wishing I had gotten the long bed if I choose the white one. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
141 Posts
The Red one's not a 4x4? If so, buy the white!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Totally biased here, get the OffRoad with the Snugtop. We are both 32 according to your info, no need for a non-functional hoodscoop, and those 17" wheels look, well.......... not so good. The shortbox is pretty functional unless your a contractor or something. The longbox on the otherhand looks loooooong without 3 inches of upward lift. To boot,that Sport Logo just gives me a stomach ache to look at. Also work on those prices, they are very negotiable. Good luck, either is a good choice. One just happens to be a better choice. :tu:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya, the red is a 4x4. To me it's not worth having a truck in a northern state without 4wd. What kind of price do you think the white one would be a deal at mttendoy?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Check out the turning radius of the long bed. It is larger than the standard double cab box. A first I thought I wanted a long bed double cab, but I don't have much need to haul four people. I wnent with the access cab. Its got a nice 6' bed. It meets my needs.

There has been a lot of discussion on the pro / cons of off-road vs. sport. IMO the sport has a nicer road ride, while the off-road rides better on dirt. It is all up to what you like and what you want out of the truck.

Good luck in selecting the truck you want.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i got the xcab, so cant really compare too much here, but unless you're really into the hardcore offroading, i'd go with the sport, better road handling. i still did some serious mudding in my stock sport and never had a problem, if you still want offroad capability. plus, an extra 2k in your pocket goes a long way for any upgrades, gas money, beer money etc...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I have a sport and have loved it. I didn't test drive an offroad...but I don't need the locker diff and love having the longer bed...

some people talk about how long it is...I guess i'm just used to driving my Dad's suburban and other big trucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts