Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with either of these two tires? I can't make my final choice...

295/70/17 nitto trail grapplers
or
295/70/17 toyo open country

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm on my second set of Grapplers and love them. I have the 265/17/70r's. I hope you have a good lift and offset rims or the 295's will rub. :tu:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I would not buy another set of Toyo's. They wear way too quick...too soft, and not very good cold weather traction.

·
Registered
366 Posts
the toyo m/ts will last longer than any other m/t.... all terrains they are pretty much the same.... basically same company... nobody jump on my *** but i think toyo and nitto both came from the same company? or either one branched from the other.... all i know is that the same technology is in both tires... have buddys with both and everyone loves them... all terrains and muds. i have the toyo muds and absolutely love them. over a year old and 33xxx still look brand new.... youll be happy either way

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea, its just the $1200 thats holdin me back, haha. Ill most likely go with those, the only thing holding me back on the TRAIL grapplers are they are backordered everywhere I have looked. Kinda frusturating

·
Registered
366 Posts
Anyone have any input on Cooper STT?
really good tire a lot like the toyo open country m/t pattern. had a buddy who has had both and said the coopers did better in the mud when they tread started to go.... again i dont have any experience. look great tho

·
Registered
366 Posts
do it man you wont regret it. i actually saw a green tundra that had them today at school... looked damn good.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts