Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia Limited 4WD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been having an issue with a vibration when I drive and I believe the torque converter is slipping or something. It’s like a shudder and happens at any speed, it’s very odd. I’ve tried a harsh acceleration from 10mph and it seems to slip and have issues. Has anybody else had anything similar? And if so any solution to the issue?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Maybe! Had an issue where my TC would not release when I stopped. Shutter, shake and if left in drive the engine shut down. I had to put it in neutral. When the light turned green add gas, drop into gear lunge forward and get on down the road. It eventually would behave for a couple of days. There is an extensive post on this site of both my issue and remedy.
There is a TC solenoid inside the tranny that can stick and cause this behavior. I was fortunate that adding 8 ounces of Trans RX for a thousand miles apparently resolved the issue. After I drained and replaced with new ATF I also added Lube Guard, Instant Shutter Fixx (Amazon) as suggested on this site. I am not usually a "snake oil" fix kinda guy, but the issue has not re-appeared and that was 3000 miles ago. However, I also have a new replacement solenoid on the shelf in my garage if it does reappear. Just adding the "Shutter Fixx" may help???
That's what worked for me... Chap

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia Limited 4WD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe! Had an issue where my TC would not release when I stopped. Shutter, shake and if left in drive the engine shut down. I had to put it in neutral. When the light turned green add gas, drop into gear lunge forward and get on down the road. It eventually would behave for a couple of days. There is an extensive post on this site of both my issue and remedy.
There is a TC solenoid inside the tranny that can stick and cause this behavior. I was fortunate that adding 8 ounces of Trans RX for a thousand miles apparently resolved the issue. After I drained and replaced with new ATF I also added Lube Guard, Instant Shutter Fixx (Amazon) as suggested on this site. I am not usually a "snake oil" fix kinda guy, but the issue has not re-appeared and that was 3000 miles ago. However, I also have a new replacement solenoid on the shelf in my garage if it does reappear. Just adding the "Shutter Fixx" may help???
That's what worked for me... Chap
Ive heard of the shutter fixx stuff, I’ve heard it works wonders. I just don’t want to have to tear my car apart if it’s something that I could just put an additive into my transmission to fix it. I hope I can try that and hopefully my shudder will go away. Thanks!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Changed the spark plugs lately? I noticed some new vibrations that started showing up when it was wet and cold. Felt like rough shifts or shudders. Eventually, it popped a misfire CEL. At that point, I realized the copper plugs had about 60k on them. It might not be your issue but could be worth thinking about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts