Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the Torque Converter Solenoid located on a 2002 Tundra, 4.7 Automatic Transmission? Can't find it in my repair manual. Does it actually exist?
Had a TC lock up incident and was able to get it to let go after a couple of jerky starts. Worse part was my wife was with me and convincing her that we would get home safely was not easy. Played the ol' we got AAA towing if we need it. lol
I have drained and replaced 3.5 qts atf, cleaned Mass Airflow Sensor. I have no codes showing up.
Any thoughts? Thanks, Chap

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I found a replacement part ($40) and looked at the photo. When I feel agile (I am 74) I will crawl under the truck and look for it. Easy enough to check on the bench, hopefully easy to reach. Chap

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No responses but I was able to figure it out. The torque converter on-off solenoid is located inside the automatic transmission with the other snifter solenoids. A matter of draining fluid, removing pan and replacing solenoid.
I found the answer by finding the part on RockAuto.com and there were installation instructions that I was able to look at.
Thought this might help someone else down the road. Chap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts