Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too lazy to look up dealers #. :sleep:

Does anyone know if touch up paint is available from the dealers for the Sequoia's? Is there a fee for this. I have a few tiny rock chips on the bumper that I just would like to paint. Thanks,
jazztransplant

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
parts department should have the small touch up paint bottles. usually around $7. just get your paint code from the the label located on the lower portion of the driver's door pillar.

Exterior color and interior trim code numbers will appear together in the lower left corner, such as 033/KA41, with the digits to the left of the slash indicating the exterior color code and the final four digits indicating the interior trim code.

·
Registered
15 Posts
touch up paint

I just ordered my touchup paint a few weeks ago from Carson Toyota. It cost me $4 and change. I despise the local Gulf States dealer so much I was hardheaded and would not order from them. I contacted Toyota directly and was informed you must get it from a dealer. Dealers do not keep it in stock as a rule, and expect 5-10 days for availability after you pay for the order.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hootydog, Did you make your order via internet? This sounds like something I should do as I am definitely not a big fan of any of these Gulf States Toyota dealerships here in TX either. I purchased my 2002 via internet thru Guy with Tuscaloosa Toyota in Alabama. I would be interested in your email info for your paint order if you did it this way or the phone #. Thanks, Sandy :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
how to order touch up paint

I phoned Carson Toyota, was told I would need the service Dept, made my request, had my color code(Toyota told me what it was) and asked it be mailed to me, gave my credit card for the charges.
I actually didnt know exact charges until I ckecked my card. I had already asked locally what it would cost and they said about $7.
The idea of having to go there twice, once to prepay then to pick up the touchup paint was quite a turnoff. So if you bought by internet Id say give them a call and order from that service dept with instructions to mail it to you. Everybody I spoke to, local and at Carsons, told me to expect 10 days for the order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got 2 small bottles of paint from the parts dept at my local dealer. Didn't even need the number, just told them I had a 2002 Sequoia and the color. They had the paint in stock for around $7 or $8 each.
Tim

·
Registered
147 Posts
My dealer had them in stock too, at $7 each (two tone). Interestingly, I scratched the tailgate myself with a set of golf clubs going in through the window! I'm fanatic about parking one side next to a curb or island in a parking lot (and getting REALLY close to it!) so as to avoid door dings and such (1.5 years, and none yet).

I had a clear mask installed when new, so there are no chips on the front metal parts. However, I was cheap and didn't get the lower half that covers the bumper area. Now I'm filling chips there all the time, and I'm a terrible painter!. The only good thing is that someday the lower portion will need to be completely painted, then I can change to all black with no two tone!

If interested, check them out at www.autoclearguard.com :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Speed25, thanks for the link. Since I have the one tone black paint (Limited) I am looking for something to prevent chips. I had a black 01 4runner for about nine months and it was getting a lot of chips and I only drove it about 600 miles a month. So you have the Hood, Fender and Mirrow kit? Do you have the Grille Kit? Bumper Kit would be nice also. Do you have or know if they make a light kit for the Sequoia? Was that your Sequoia on the picture page? I wonder if you could still have a bug deflector to help prevent rock chips on the front window. Gets a bit expensive if you but everything ($180, $80, and $210) don't know if that is before the 20% they have on the home page though. Sorry for all the questions.
Thanks in advance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts