Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I talked to a dealership the other day and one sales man told me that 2007 tundras with double cab and long beds will not be available in 4.7L engine size because it would be too much for that size engine to handle.

from now on, they will only be making that configuration with the 5.7 engine size only.

is this a true statement?

because the price difference between the engine size 4.7 and 5.7 is only $1700 as shown on the toyota.com website for "build your own"

·
Registered
699 Posts
just checked the book and you can get a Dcab long box w/4.7 but may I sugget that the 1700 dollars is very much worth it. you get so much more motor and better gas millage exspecially when towing. plus you get the big 10" rearend and 6 speed tranny.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just checked the book and you can get a Dcab long box w/4.7 but may I sugget that the 1700 dollars is very much worth it. you get so much more motor and better gas millage exspecially when towing. plus you get the big 10" rearend and 6 speed tranny.

did you mean the 5.7 is the worth the $1700?

so the bigger engine gets better gas mileage?

$1700 is nothing compared to the total price of the truck, so I am not making a big leap.

·
Registered
699 Posts
did you mean the 5.7 is the worth the $1700?

so the bigger engine gets better gas mileage?

$1700 is nothing compared to the total price of the truck, so I am not making a big leap.
well thats what you said the difference of the two was right? yes the 5.7 gets better millage because bigger motor means less work to get the truck moving wich means less fuel. I think it is tottally worth it to go with the 5.7. it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well thats what you said the difference of the two was right? yes the 5.7 gets better millage because bigger motor means less work to get the truck moving wich means less fuel. I think it is tottally worth it to go with the 5.7. it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
I like the 5.7 engine. I just need convinsing. $1700 is nothing, specially if it saves me gas money.

Thanks,

·
Registered
699 Posts
I dont even know why they give you an option in motors fr me it was a no brainer. I had the 4.7 in a 06 tundra and it had lots of power for that truck but it was alot smaller of a truck. now the 5.7 saves you a little bit in gas especially when towing thats were you would notice a really big difference between the two. I've had mine for about 2 months and am averaging 17-18 mpg. the first few tanks the millage wasn't very good but has it broke in it got better.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So I talked to a dealership the other day and one sales man told me that 2007 tundras with double cab and long beds will not be available in 4.7L engine size because it would be too much for that size engine to handle.

from now on, they will only be making that configuration with the 5.7 engine size only.

is this a true statement?

because the price difference between the engine size 4.7 and 5.7 is only $1700 as shown on the toyota.com website for "build your own"
The salemans doesn't have a clue. My brother owns an 07 DC with the six cylinder, which BTW moves this big truck pretty darn good. There were several DCs with the 4.7 on the lot when i bought my truck. I opted for the 5.7 cuz i'm a power junkie.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you are spending that much money on a truck I could never understand why people think 1700 bucks is going to make or break the bank then in the end you won't have the towing power/capacity of the 5.7.Just do it man.

I am just having trouble finding a 2007 tundra, SR5, doulbeC, long bed with the 5.7 engine so I can test drive, less to buy. I would have to either order one or have one brought in from other dealers. Plus I can't seem to find good customer survice here in Northern Illinois. they all seem to just be after your money instead of your satisfaction.

Thanks all.

There should be a separate forum on just Tundra choices, what works and what doesn't work.

·
Registered
338 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts