Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 5.7 DC came with the Sport appearence package(which I like). However this deletes the tow package. No problem as I don't plan to tow anything. But I would like the Tow/haul features for the transmission for "spirited" driving such as higher shift points and downshifts under brake
ing.
I wonder if the capability is built into the ecu and a switch just needs to be placed in the right pinout.

Anybody knows if and how this can be done?

Rumbler

·
Tire Roasting Member
927 Posts
My 2007 5.7 DC came with the Sport appearence package(which I like). However this deletes the tow package. No problem as I don't plan to tow anything. But I would like the Tow/haul features for the transmission for "spirited" driving such as higher shift points and downshifts under brake
ing.
I wonder if the capability is built into the ecu and a switch just needs to be placed in the right pinout.

Anybody knows if and how this can be done?

Rumbler
Why don't you just upshift and downshift manually using the console shifter?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was wondering this myself. I had an FJ cruiser before the tundra and I recall there was a similar hack that could be done for A-Trac on FJs that were bought without that option -- just add a $30 switch and away you go, all pre-wired and everything.

Anybody know if tow/haul is the same thing?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'll try it if nobody else wants to... anybody have the part number for the tow/haul switch so I can order it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts