Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it do. The manual just says to use it when towing or hauling but gives no explaination as to function.

·
Registered
124 Posts
basically just holds the gear in longer so u get higher revs incase you need it. good to use if ur going up or down hills mainly.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I use mine at the track also and get slightly better times. Don't ask me why or the mechanics of it all...........

14.78 without it and 14.71 with it and my local 0-60 times are slightly better. Those are my only 2 runs so it is not proven yet.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Good for use with a trailer, really heavy load in the bed, or I will occasionally turn it on when I'm hitting really curvy, twisty mountain roads, to stay within the engine's powerband without the tranny shifting constantly. Otherwise I leave it off.

·
Registered
374 Posts
it holds the gears longer so you can reach higher in the rpm band to achieve maximum torque.

·
Registered
47 Posts
No, it doesn't keep the truck out of 6th gear.

It also is more aggressive with locking of the torque converter, so you get more engine braking when decelerating.

·
Registered
570 Posts
it is so your wife can tow, too. I don't have to talk to her about engine braking, or any of that. She just pushes the tow haul and she is good to go. Now, she does more towing than I do. Horses, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts