Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a tow hitch to my Tundra, but not for towing. I want it for a hitch mounted bike rack.

I've seen hitches on Tundras where only the receiver is visible from the rear. Does anyone know what brands those would be?

Since I'm sure someone is thinking, "Just put the bike in the bed." I have a shell on the truck. I can get 3 bikes inside (using fork mounts) and can put 2 more bikes on top but both of these ways can be a pain in the a$$. Plus, if I add a hitch mount, I could feasibly haul 9 bikes at once, not that I would. :D Actually the main reason is that I want a hitch so I can use the same rack on both the Tundra and my wife's CRV.

Thanks,

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well, i think just about any hitch on the market for the Tundra only has the square receiver visible. UHaul sells em for $119 and they just bolt into place, so far thats the cheapest i've seen em

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I've seen some U-haul hitches on Tundras where more than just the receiver shows.

I would like a hitch that looks something like this:http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=41882 Like the Toyota hitch, I just don't want to pay $300+ that I have been quoted.

Not like this:http://www.tundrasolutions.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=41060

I checked out the U-haul (and Drawtite) websites, but I doubt that the hitch they have pictured is the actual hitch for the Tundra.

Thanks again :ts:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Try Hidden Hitch... I mean after al, it is in the name!

·
Registered
207 Posts
i have a dissapearing hitch like the one in the picture, see my picks. simply adjusting the camera higher like the angle in the pic above makes it dissapear! by the way it is a u-haul hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
you know i didnt look at that second pick. thats one of those terrible square tube hitches. the u-haul one i bought is probably what your looking for. $119 and the bolts are included. just bolt it on yourself. BTW is the hitch on your wifes car a 2" or 1.25" reciever? if its the smaller one its no big deal you can get an adapter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts