Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still think this thing gets a load moving faster than my 06 F-250. Very impressed with this truck. First time on interstate today and it rolls effortlessly at 75 mph with attached load.:cool:
IMG_8680.JPG.JPG

IMG_8683.JPG.JPG

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still think this thing gets a load moving faster than my 06 F-250. Very impressed with this truck. First time on interstate today and it rolls effortlessly at 75 mph with attached load.:cool:
View attachment 9591

View attachment 9592
I thought the boat was on crooked too....but its' backed up on "half" the driveway lol

Great Looking tow machine...........give all the great details.

I have a 06 F250 $52,000 everthing........pull a 23 Malibu Wakesetter, with all the trimmings, maxed out trailer total 8500 lbs..........usually 5 or 6 in the truck and all their gear............so my payload in the truck is usually about 2,000 lbs

What loads do you also carry in your truck with boat attached? total of boat and trailer?
mpg on trips? with boat?
How long you had it?
total miles on meter?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's straight on trailer...just pushed up in the driveways a little off center. Attached are better pictures.

My Grady with trailer & fuel is pushing 5000lbs. We dive/fish so we have about 500-600 lbs more gear when we go...I usually haul tanks, coolers, dead fish, etc in bed. Only have 1000 miles on truck and have owned it for about 3 weeks. MPG towing seems to be about 12.5 MPG, but I don't have a long full trip towing on yet. I had a 97 F-150 and there is no comparison to it and the Tundra.

The F-250 is definitely a beast...I just tired of the problems w/mine. I had 26K miles on it when I got rid of it--I had a lot of miles towing. Towing on interestate with it I got 10-11 MPG. I pulled my friends 36' Concept with the F-250 once. His rig weighs ~12K pounds...I would not use Tundra for this type of load... IMG_8684.JPG.JPG

IMG_8686.JPG.JPG

IMG_8685.JPG.JPG

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the feed back on your new truck. I have 26,000 miles on my 06 F250, and saying a little prayer that it stays together till the Tundra diesel gets here...........maybe just under 2 years? That would be outside the 36,000 bumper to bumper on my Ford, which very dangerous ground. If I get a bubble of problems, I would have to switch to the Duramax has a hold over product.

So far we are seeing about a 20 to 1 ratio of new Tundras here over the new SuperDuty. Yesterday on my trip to the river (150 miles round trip), saw 12 new Tundras, and only one new SuperDuty in the last 3 days.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Very nice! I run a Grady Adventure CC with a Suzuki fuel injected 225 2 stroke, have yet to drag it with the new tundra but I am dying to go kill some snapper before the limit drops down to 2 per person on May 11th!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts