Toyota Tundra Forums banner

tow mirror /driver side

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  07bsmcrewmax 
#1 ·
Im just curious if anyone here on the board have had a noise which sounds like there is loose washers in the mirror assembly while u are drive ??
Just so u know i have taken it 2 times and they cant figure it out and they repalace the mirrors twice and even the new mirrors make the sound so iam going in again because a toyota rep whatever you call these guys wants see and hear my problem..please chime in if anybody knows about this issue.

#2 ·
nothing like that in my tow mirrors.... and ive driven with the windows down and havent heard nothing

#5 ·
Mine seem quiet also.

It is really difficult to track down a noise in a moving vehicle so the sound may be coming from the door or dash area.

Have you tried listening for the sound with both open and closed windows? At least that might indicate whether the noise is from an exterior or interior origin.

Does shaking the mirror reproduce the noise? Since the mirrors have been replaced it is logical that the source of the problem is elsewhere. It may even be under the truck or in the wheelwell.

#6 ·
not sure if this will help at all or not...but have you checked the hinges on the door? my drivers side door developed a popping noise when shutting and opening and also over certain roads....metallic popping type noise....i looked and theres a silver part of the hinge that slides in and out as it opens (makes sense if u look in the jam and look to see what im referring to) and the bolts had come lose on it and caused it to pop, pop, pop when opening or closing.... tightned those and no issues now...but not sure if that could be yours.....

#7 ·
Mine are quiet. I would have had a rattling noise when I put them on had I not taken the time to fetch the nut I dropped inside the door. :eek:

#8 ·
personally i have taken the mirror off and drove with the window down and no noise but when i reinstalled the noise came back of course with the window down.....the dealer tried the same thing and have repalced the mirrors twice they cant figure it also...very weird.

#9 ·
definitely weird. especially considering there is very little to these mirrors inside. have had both sides off...nothing that looks too terribly complicated, even though I broke a lens during disassembly once:doh:. also driven with windows up and down at low speeds and high speeds and no rattle here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.