Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched multiple forums and threads and am frustrated trying to get a direct answer.

I have 8 wires on the connector going to my mirror. I have power adjust and heated mirrors currently and want to upgrade to tow mirrors. What options are available with the 8 wire connector? I prefer plug and play but can wire anything if needed. I understand I need to change my switch also if I want power fold. Is the extend option manual or power on the tow mirrors?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Tired of trying to piece together answers from 20 places.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am interested in changing my tow mirrors for the standard mirrors. These two mirrors are too wide for everyday use. I have an 07 Crewmax and they do fold but not power folding.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Hopefully you looked for the tow mirrors on Rockauto.com Way cheaper than buying from Toyota and they are plug and play from what I understand. Good luck, CSM-H

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,203 Posts
I am interested in changing my tow mirrors for the standard mirrors. These two mirrors are too wide for everyday use. I have an 07 Crewmax and they do fold but not power folding.
My '07 came with factory tow mirrors, I replaced them with a used set of standard mirrors taken off a 2009 Tundra - plug-n-play.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I added power folding tow mirrors to my 2008 that did not have factory power folding. I did need to run two wires to each through the wire grommet from the kick panel into the door then up to where the mirror connects.

I didn’t mess with the factory fold button and just added and on/off (close/open) button with two relays. Button out would be + / - button in changed to - / +. Cheap 12v relays was all I needed.

I just twisted the wire and pushed into into the harness in the door at the mirror. It stayed firm. What slots your thinking. If I recall, not near truck right now, it was top row last two on right. If not top row, bottom row, again far right two.

When I get to my truck on Monday I can double check if you need. I might even have my relay scheme as they had to reverse polarity to open/close.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts