Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to a local dealer and drove an SR5 Crewmax 5.7. This one had the tow package with the giant mirrors which I cannot stand. The sales guy told be that ALL Tundras that have the 5.7L come with the giant mirrors. I disagreed so he went to talk with his parts manager and he said the same thing. They did offer to install the smaller mirrors though so that was cool. Is this true? Do all 5.7 have the big tow mirrors?

·
Registered
237 Posts
So I went to a local dealer and drove an SR5 Crewmax 5.7. This one had the tow package with the giant mirrors which I cannot stand. The sales guy told be that ALL Tundras that have the 5.7L come with the giant mirrors. I disagreed so he went to talk with his parts manager and he said the same thing. They did offer to install the smaller mirrors though so that was cool. Is this true? Do all 5.7 have the big tow mirrors?
NOPE, totally false. All V8's come with the TOW Package, but not the tow mirrors.

BTW, I have an SR5 with the heated mirrors (non-tow) and they are fine for towing my monster trailer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Get the tow mirrors they are the best mirrors i've ever used, I hated them a first!! but when you get them adj. right (sweeeet) no blind spot & that bed is up pretty high so if you look over your shoulder you miss alot

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been to several Toyota dealerships in the area and have seen mixtures of both. If your dealer told you all 5.7's come with the tow mirrors, like someone else said, go somewhere else. If they are lying about that, who knows what else they will try to scam you on. I also heard they are cheaper, I wonder if they will charge you the same as with the regular folding ones?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get the tow mirrors they are the best mirrors i've ever used, I hated them a first!! but when you get them adj. right (sweeeet) no blind spot & that bed is up pretty high so if you look over your shoulder you miss alot
I see you are in San Diego... This was in Poway. Where did you buy yours?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have been to several Toyota dealerships in the area and have seen mixtures of both. If your dealer told you all 5.7's come with the tow mirrors, like someone else said, go somewhere else. If they are lying about that, who knows what else they will try to scam you on. I also heard they are cheaper, I wonder if they will charge you the same as with the regular folding ones?
I don't think they were being deceitful, just uneducated about the Truck. I think the guy was relatively new. A lot of us here do so much research on the trucks that we probably know more than many of the sales guys. Maybe he was new.

·
Registered
113 Posts
5.7 with tow package and no tow mirrors. Local dealer parts dept says they can't even order the tow mirrors so I can put them on.

·
Registered
877 Posts
after spending time with both mirrows(i didn't like the big ones at first) the big one are superior for viewing.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
No, they don't! We ordered tow mirrors on our 5.7 limited and we can't get them in this region???? Now, what's with that? I would trade my limited mirrors in a flash. We camp and need tows.
Camper1333

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried to get them to change out the towing mirrors for the regular ones and they just laughed at me. Wanted over $600 to change. Told them to stick it. Can't stand the towing mirrors.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Is it just me or do the tow mirrors make a lot of wind noise?
I drove a double cab with the regular mirrors for two weeks and it had more wind noise than my Crewmax with the tow mirrors. It was a very noticable difference between the two trucks. I don't think the wind noise problem is with the tow or regular mirrors, I think some trucks just emit more wind noise than others ?

There's also a thread floating around here of a guy who had some wind noise with his regular mirrors and swapped them out for tow mirrors and had less wind noise afterwards. Who knows. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
NOPE, totally false. All V8's come with the TOW Package, but not the tow mirrors.

BTW, I have an SR5 with the heated mirrors (non-tow) and they are fine for towing my monster trailer.

I have a 5.7L RCSB SR5 4x2 with Sports Appearance Package. The Tow Package that comes normally with V8's are deleted with the Sports Appearance package. Also, this model has a lower towing capacity due to no tanny temp gage. It as regular side mirrors, floor shift, 2 bucket seats, an electrical connector for trailer and NO hitch reciever but can be equipped with one. And No skid plate either which makes me a little uncomfortable cause the oil filter housing is exposed. More prone to breakage if a debri hits it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i heard the same thing, adn i read on another thread that it's a california thing. For me, i couldn't find a 5.7L DC w/o the tow mirrors in the bay area, ca. After getting my DC with the tow mirrors, i'm glad i did since it gives superior viewing and makes me feel mcuh more comfortable during the lane change.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well the tow mirrors weren't my first choice but they ended up being on the truck we bought. it took me a few days to get used to them but now i really like them. glad I have them.:tu:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts