Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will tow mirrows plug in on a 2010 grade that has sport mirrors that are power and heated but no directionals? Will the directionals work on the tow mirros?
I did a seach I could not find the answer.

·
Registered
70 Posts
remove the triangle shaped interior door panel and look at mirror wire connector. if u have only 3 wire in connector it will not work. if u have 8 or 9 wires then heat, blinker, adjust, and marker lamp will all fuction.
cj

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
I will place my bet that they will work just fine and you will have the directional light up also. I had power heated mirrors that I swapped for the towing and the directional worked on the towing mirrors when I was done. Can't believe they changed the wiring for the mirrors just to confuse us. ;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I am pretty sure if you get the tow package option(on tundra grade) it will have the correct wires for tow mirrors, backup cam, and auto dimming mirror. If you have the SAP package you probably wont have the correct wiring for the turn signals.

A good way to find out would be to look in the back by the tow hitch and see if you have a wire with just a cap on it towards the right side.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wanted to resurrect this message because I am curious about the same thing that MacCTD asked. I did a search on Sparks and they list the Tow mirrors for the 2010 but specifically say "except for Grade models", which is what I have. I am also not sure what the SAP package is that VooDooDan mentioned?? I have the sport mirrors and need to upgrade or find decent quality add-on mirrors to use when towing the travel trailer.

Any help?
Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to resurrect this message because I am curious about the same thing that MacCTD asked. I did a search on Sparks and they list the Tow mirrors for the 2010 but specifically say "except for Grade models", which is what I have. I am also not sure what the SAP package is that VooDooDan mentioned?? I have the sport mirrors and need to upgrade or find decent quality add-on mirrors to use when towing the travel trailer.

Any help?
Thanks!

I bought the mirrors from my local dealer, they costs $420 for the pair. The heat directional lights and running lights work, plug and play. My truck is grade. I will post the part numbers off the boxes if you are interested.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The part numbers would be great! Thanks for the quick response.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Glad to here it worked for you, that would have been an expensive mistake if they hadn't. Haha :D I love the towing mirrors, can be a bit of a pain when parking sometimes though.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part numbers are 87910-0C221 and 87940-0C221, first number is left second is right. my truck is a grade with the tow package and heated mirrors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the mirrors from my local dealer, they costs $420 for the pair. The heat directional lights and running lights work, plug and play. My truck is grade. I will post the part numbers off the boxes if you are interested.
I have a grade truck with tow package, but it only has the 3 wires to the mirrors. Does this mean I will have control of the mirror position, but not the directionals, etc? I can still use the mirrors however, correct?? I need mirrors to pull a 29' travel trailer. I did find some snap-ons but not sure if those will be wide enough??? If I use the OEM tow mirror and don't have the wiring for the extra gismos, I can still pull the mirrors OUT, yes??????

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a grade truck with tow package, but it only has the 3 wires to the mirrors. Does this mean I will have control of the mirror position, but not the directionals, etc? I can still use the mirrors however, correct?? I need mirrors to pull a 29' travel trailer. I did find some snap-ons but not sure if those will be wide enough??? If I use the OEM tow mirror and don't have the wiring for the extra gismos, I can still pull the mirrors OUT, yes??????

Not sure, I would guess just power adjustment and no running lights or turn signals.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Here is a tip (if you really did search) make it general at first. Like "mirror swap" I gurantee that something will come up. If there are too many topics, make it a little narrower like "tow mirror swap". This topic has been covered ad nauseum.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yes the 3 wires make your motors work. i have a DIY in the DIY sticky thread (i think the pics are long gone though) where i talk about how to wire up the lights on the 3 wire trucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes. I just put them on my '08 Grade yesterday. Exactly as you described, 3 wires in harness. Power mirrors work just as the old ones did, no lights or defrost. You can still pull them out and use them as designed. Some day when I'm bored, I'll wire them up per Barney_Fife's DIY, but I'm pretty happy with them as-is...

Edit: picking up my TT on Friday...the anticipation is killin' me!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
When I bought my tow mirrors from the dealer, I asked him to get aggressive on pricing. Sold them to me for $200 each (dealer wholesale is $211 each....confirmed with two dealers in the area) ----- doesn't hurt to ask. Knowing that the 2010's are power fold, I initially asked about those mirrors for my 2007 Tundra. First, the 2010 part was not available at dealer at the time. Second, when reviewing the spec the Power Fold is enabled by a seperate wiring harness. Looks like the primary wiring harness is the same. That said .. i bought the 07-09 tow mirrors.... and they were plug and play with my Limited Mirrors. I still have power adjust and heat.......but NO auto-fold

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the 07 Limited with the power fold. Do all the 2010 towing have power fold and will it work with my set up as I mentioned I have power fold now? That option comes in handy when parking in a full lot that is full of donkeys. Would only get them if the power fold works.....Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine should ship from Sparks today. Even if I only have motor control, that's all I have now, so I can live with it. My only concern is having mirrors for safe towing.

·
E PLURIBUS UNUM
2,247 Posts
So... I guess this begs the question. If I already have stock tow mirrors that work with the defrost, motors, turn signals.... How can I get power fold ones? Can I get 2010 ones with the motors? What about the controller and other wires.... Anyone?

·
Registered
151 Posts
So... I guess this begs the question. If I already have stock tow mirrors that work with the defrost, motors, turn signals.... How can I get power fold ones? Can I get 2010 ones with the motors? What about the controller and other wires.... Anyone?
Inquiring minds want to know...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts