Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've searched this forum and still others like it and can't get a solid understanding of what parts are part of the tow package for the 2010 Sequoia.

I've got a Platinum that I just picked up, and I'm trying to nail down the exact tow spec. I've got the chassis code and I'm either 7800 lbs without, or 8800 lbs with a tow package. I've seen some threads that say that all Platinums have the tow package. So I plugged my VIN into the My Toyota site and it doesn't say anything about a "tow package" in those terms. I even called Toyota's national customer service line and the woman I spoke with doesn't think I have it - though she didn't sound entirely knowledgeable either. Thus - I'm here now asking you guys!

So, I DO have the tow/haul button, i DO have the 7 pin and 4 pin connectors by the receiver. And if you look in the picture, I believe I have the transmission cooler there on the passenger side... (If that's not what the smaller radiator is in front of the main radiator - please tell me!)

I do not have an integrated brake controller, but my wife just read in a YouTube comment that made it seem like no Sequoias have an integrated brake controller. Is that correct?

So, the big question is, how do you actually tell if you have a tow package? And do you think I do? (even though the window sticker for when my Sequoia was new doesn't say so specifically)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
The transmission cooler you have was definitely part of the tow package. Around your model year there was a change where the transmission cooler was integrated into the top of the air conditioner condenser, By 2012, the cooler was eliminated in Sequoias and most recently in all Tundras.

Sequoias & Tundras didn’t get integrated brake controller until just recently, maybe 2018. So you will have to purchase and install a third party controller; I suggest a Prodigy P3.

Greg

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do not have an integrated brake controller, but my wife just read in a YouTube comment that made it seem like no Sequoias have an integrated brake controller. Is that correct?
Correct, none of them came with an integrated brake controller, however, the connector is there for it....so it's a plug & play installation. I got a prodigy.

·
Registered
494 Posts
By 2012, the cooler was eliminated in Sequoias and most recently in all Tundras.
Not sure about the accuracy, but according to this article the auxiliary transmission cooler was present in Sequoias and Tundras through the 2018 model year. Curious case of missing transmission oil cooler on 2019-2020 Toyota Tundra

The official Toyota product spec sheets for the Sequoia list the auxiliary transmission cooler as being standard equipment through the 2020 model year. (See "standard mechanical features," middle of p. 11.) https://toyota-cms-media.s3.amazona...0/2020_Toyota_Sequoia_Product_Information.pdf

·
Registered
79 Posts
4:30 Gears were also part of the Towing package for the 5.7L, 4.10 gears for 4.6L towing package. I think the standard Gears were 3.90? Aux Engine Oil Cooler, 7 pin harness, prewired Brake Controller (Add your Own), tow/haul switch, extra Trans cooler, Trans fluid Gauge.

I found a 2008 Brochure. Likely 2010 was the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
984 Posts
It looks like you do have the tow package and only thing in question is what rear end ratio do you have ? ? ?

ONE QUESTION.........did the vehicle come with a OEM trailer hitch ? ? ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It looks like you do have the tow package and only thing in question is what rear end ratio do you have ? ? ?

ONE QUESTION.........did the vehicle come with a OEM trailer hitch ? ? ?
Yeah I have the OEM hitch and the 7/4 connections, also have the transmission cooler temperature gauge that I didn't realize earlier.

I'm not sure what my gear ratio is, not sure how to find that information. Any ideas?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Then I would be a tank of expensive gasoline that you HAVE the Tow Package on your truck. Happy Towing.

Reactions: NCSCOTT
1 - 9 of 9 Posts