Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need someone to tell me about towing a 5th wheel RV with the Tundra 5.7. I have a 2008 tundra , looking @ 5th wheel with dry weight 7545 and hitch weight of 1125. Would welcome feedback.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
I tow quite a bit over that, and have never had a problem with towing. 10 ply tires and air bags help. Truck is a solid tow vehicle, despite what RV.net might lead you to believe.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I need someone to tell me about towing a 5th wheel RV with the Tundra 5.7. I have a 2008 tundra , looking @ 5th wheel with dry weight 7545 and hitch weight of 1125. Would welcome feedback.
That's really close to my fifth wheel weights; 6250/1250 dry weight. Keep in mind those weights will increase when you load it up. I'm at 7500/1250 mostly loaded, actual weights.

I imagine you have the DC?

I'm completely satisfied with my setup while towing, and this is when the tundra's drivetrain shines thru. It does a fine job.

Must have's:

Prodigy brake controller, 6 or 10 ply tires on the truck, interior 7-way wire harness adapter in the bed, airbags are a nice complement but not a must have for you. Just be sure the trailer's up off the ground a little, as the tundra's pretty tall with the bed sides.

Here's a pic:

·
Premium Member
1,355 Posts
I tow 8500 wet and loaded with no problems at all. Tow from Ny to Florida. I think airbags and 10 plies are a must. you might get by with 8 ply depending on your weight. You will be up to my weights before you move your camper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts