Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i carry a yamaha rhino of lbs 1,400 on my bed and at the same time tow a single jetski trailer without any problem?????

my car is a TUNDRA 08, double cab 5.7V8

·
Registered
588 Posts
Its probably to long, the tires would need to be on the tailgate. Not the best for the tailgate.
Do a search on tailgate issues.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Hermann
The answer is yes, with precautions. The standard bed is 6 and 1/2 feet to the tailgate, so YES, the gate would be down. You can reinforce this with an 8' long section of 3/4 plywood that will distribute the weight off the fragile tailgate. The trailer hitch
may have some clearance issues with the tail gate in the down position, so your trailer tongue will need to be LONG, and a tongue jack (if you use one) will need to be placed on the tongue BEHIND the tailgate in the down position. Check trailer interference with the tail gate in all cornering positions and going up and down ramps. With a little caution, should be no problems.The vehicle will be close to the rated gross weight. You may need airbags (ride-rite) to keep the headlights out of on-coming driver's eyes at night. But the vehicle has PLENTY of power and brakes to handle this load, in my opinion.
Peacemakerpete

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you have a long box then yes it will fit in the box but the tail gate will not close so load it with out the tailgate on . If it is a short box then you will have to have the rear tires on the tailgate. I would think would also have issue with the tailgate hitting the front of the jetski without the use of a hitch extender. and then of coarse there is the tailgate issue as well if your truck is under warranty then it's not much more then a saftey issue loading it in there. I have loaded my quad with the tracks on using the tailgate with little issue but it only weighs about 1000lbs with tracks.

·
Registered
598 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is what it may look like.. :D
Probably better to get a long enough trailer for both... safer and only one to deal with.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hahaha that looks really funny. Does the dodge's tail gate look like its bending under the weight? But i have loaded my Artic cat 400 a hundred times now and never had a problem with the tailgate.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You just called your Tundra a car!! Now go out to your garage and apologize to her!
My thoughts exactly! On to the question I wouldnt do it cause you will damage the cheap *** tailgate on your Tundra. Get a longer trailer to haul both of them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts