Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody notice the inside edge of their tires wearing rapidly. I believe my towing adds to the wear but the pace seems a little fast.

I tow a 3500# ski boat with about a 300# tongue weight with a modest load in the back. Trip is approx 400 miles round trip every 3 months.

Maybe it has to do with the geometry of the independent suspension. I thought my tires had a few more miles left until I crawled under the corner to get a better look. Holy cow what a surprise as it was not noticeable at a glance.

Maybe someone with a few miles could take a good look for comparison.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tow a Mastercraft X-Star which is about 7000 lbs with trailer. It squats the rear of my 2010 Limited Sequoia pretty good. Today I had some Airlift bags installed with the air valve located by the hitch wiring outlet. Hopefully this will help, 20" tires are expensive.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered airbags yesterday for the exact same purpose to tow my Malibu. It doesn't need much help and I figured an equalizer hitch was overkill for my towing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is it just the rears? Every thing aligned / rotated ok?

Just racked up approx 5000km in a month towing a 35' / 7200lb / approx 800lb tongue travel trailer as part of summer duties on brand new set of tyres on an 08 plat. No uneven wear. We weren't doing more than 110kmh, often times below that.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just had it aligned and that must be the problem. Do you run a little more air over the door plate if your hauling a heavy load?

(Interesting how the etrailer add keeps popping up on my screen. Someone's watching)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd need to check (seq at home sorry) but I inflate over the door plate but under the tyre max. I think I run at 40 / 42 front to rear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I run 40psi all around. Even tire wear all around. Tow a camping trailer that weighs in around 5500# full. Over 40K on the Sequoia, about 25 of that is towing. Almost through my second set of tires, but they are wearing evenly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good to know! Perhaps some errant curb clipping :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well heck even better! Happy towing, your seq probably doesn't even notice the load.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts