Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone had any problems towing there trailers after having the pedal mod done? i get this shaking or jolting back and fourth when im at freeway speeds but only under very light throttle. if i floor it or let off the gas it goes away. never had it before only thing that has changed is the pedal mod. for general info the trailer is a 30ft 5th wheel around 9k.

·
Registered
122 Posts
has anyone had any problems towing there trailers after having the pedal mod done? i get this shaking or jolting back and fourth when im at freeway speeds but only under very light throttle. if i floor it or let off the gas it goes away. never had it before only thing that has changed is the pedal mod. for general info the trailer is a 30ft 5th wheel around 9k.
Have your dealer order you a complete pedal assembly...It will be better than the spacer but not as good as the original...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had them order a new pedal assembly and it seemed to go away alittle. i just wasnt sure if the pedal was completly the problem or if there was another issue im not aware of. didnt know if anyone else has had this issue?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Had the mod done and no issue towing the trailer just didn't like the touchyness of the pedal with the shim. Had them replace the pedal and no issue towing and like the pedal much better. I don't understand why the pedal mod or change would cause jerking when towing. Have the dealer check it out for something else.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Have your dealer order you a complete pedal assembly...It will be better than the spacer but not as good as the original...
How would a completely new pedal assembly NOT be at least as good as the original? I would think it would be much better. It's an upgrade, should be BETTER. New pedal assembly in mine is better. No?

·
Banned
444 Posts
Dont think a pedal can cause this. U joint, Rear end, Unbalanced tire.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
How would a completely new pedal assembly NOT be at least as good as the original? I would think it would be much better. It's an upgrade, should be BETTER. New pedal assembly in mine is better. No?
its not an upgrade, its a replacement for somethign that wasnt broken to begin with....like mine is fine right now and i'll never have the BS recalls done...i like my pedal as is thank you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Towing on a live load like water or towing over a rough road with the modified pedal is tough to keep the throtle pressure even. I have done both a couple times this summer and i'm going to ask for a new pedal the next tiem i go by the dealer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats excatly the problem when your on a rough road and are barley touching the throttle the touchy ness is at its most at very little throttle and when you hit a bump you cant control it and since its under a load it just jerks instead of speeding up.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
sounds like the pedal to me... I have some rough wash-board roads by my house and I have that problem every day driving empty. I keep forgetting to call the dealership about it, but I'm gonna try to on Monday.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the dealer told me that the new pedal they ordered is just as good as the original pedal but i still notice a difference. wonder if there is anything else they can do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts