Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have those mirror extensions. They do a fair job but you have to be very careful when tightening the plastic screw that holds them to the original mirror. Hard to get everything aligned so the tow mirror stays fastened after installing.
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought these mirrors as well. Towed my fifth wheel about 1000 miles through wind, rain and snow. Traveled about 20 miles on gravel roads. These mirrors held up. They are a good option in my opinion. Installing them can be annoying just getting everything lined up. The plastic screw can be very hard to unscrew.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i've seen those on GM trucks alot in the past several years. if you dont want the tow mirror look all the time thats certainly a decent option but to me i'd rather wait and find someone who is needing to trade for the standard ones, thats how i got mine and love em. :) but as far as having to purchase them, those are certainly more budget friendly than the OEM ones

·
Registered
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Had something like those on my Silverado....hated them, marked up my stock mirrors, and basically useless at night. That's why I bought a Tundra with Tow Mirrors....now I can see every thing behind me, day or night. I won't buy another truck without the factory Tow Mirrors as long as I have towable toys. Good luck with your wannabe TM's

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Im partial to the "big rig" or "super duty" style factory tow mirrors with the LED running lights and signals. Haha Good find though if you dont like the look of towing mirrors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TRD Sport -

I like 'em just fine... but I've only used them once... to tow a 27' Airstream up to Pismo Beach. They mounted up easily enough, stayed in place nicely, and left no residue when removed.

Good luck with yours !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts