Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Tundra, double cab, is it possible to tow my truck behind another vehicle like a Uhaul? We are moving in May, and will be traveling a little over 800 miles. Unfortunantly all the rental places say my truck is either too wide or too heavy for their trailers or dollys and have suggested a tow bar. One of the RV places in my area said that my truck may need a special bracket if it can even be towed. I must figure out a safe way to get my truck, anyone have experience with this? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
I have a 2006 Tundra, double cab, is it possible to tow my truck behind another vehicle like a Uhaul? We are moving in May, and will be traveling a little over 800 miles. Unfortunantly all the rental places say my truck is either too wide or too heavy for their trailers or dollys and have suggested a tow bar. One of the RV places in my area said that my truck may need a special bracket if it can even be towed. I must figure out a safe way to get my truck, anyone have experience with this? Thank you.
The best, safest way is to tow it on a car trailer...if the proposed tow vehicle can handle around a 7000~8000 trailer weight. It can be towed on a dolly if you disconnect the driveshaft. I don't think anyone has reported towing one via a tow bar and I'm not sure any company even makes a suitably strong triangular type tow bar for towing a Tundra. If you do find such a device, you will still need to disconnect the driveshaft.

·
Registered
327 Posts
In years past, I had a Chev. K-5 Blazer (about the same weight as a Tundra) that just fit on a Ryder vehicle trailer. The U-Haul trailers were too small. Was able to tow it behind a big 26' Budget diesel rental truck no problem.

Z

1 - 3 of 3 Posts