Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody tow on 22 or 24's, low-profile, like (285-45-22) if so whats your setup, pics if possible. I have a 2010 crewmax, with 20" inch factory's, and im wanting bigger rims, but I dont want to loose much in the towing area, I tow a 24FT enclosed trailer, with motorcycles.... anybody know much on tire load ratings?...

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not sure, but i do have a buddy of mine who hase 24's on a 01 gmc i think he is runing 285/35/24 he tows everthing with it cars, trailers with cars on them and so on. just have to watch out for pot holes dont want to bend a rim.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I would think that you could go to the website for the tire you are thinking about getting and see what the load rating is. Do they make load E rated tires that are low profile? I doubt it. If I were towing a lot I wouldn't run low profile tires...

·
Registered
175 Posts
These Toyo Open Country A/T's in size 305/50r22 are E rated with 10ply sidewalls.
Not sure exactly what that means but my tire guy said these are rated at something like 3500lbs each tire.
No problems at all towing, or doing anything - I love these tires- and wheels!
Z

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are nice, but I don't have fender flares, don't want anything sticking out, if I can put those on a wheel with a different offset that would be nice, how's the ride, any different?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Those are nice, but I don't have fender flares, don't want anything sticking out, if I can put those on a wheel with a different offset that would be nice, how's the ride, any different?
The ride is awesome- no worse than stock. Yes they do stick out and I had to add flares to keep the sides clean.
They make another offset but I'm not sure if it would work with that size tire and the rubbing issues that could arise (this setup has no rubbing or problems at all).

I would be willing to bet that the ride on 24's is fine too- the guy who posted he runs 315/35r24 can confirm, but there is still plenty of meat on the bone (sidewall).

I run 22's on my lexus sedan with 295/25r22 tires, and it is only a little rougher than stock...

Z

1 - 8 of 8 Posts