Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I have a few questions about towing and things regarding towing.

First off I bought a Prodigy P2 Brake controller. I read the great reviews about it here and decided to get one. I bought the brake controller because I am actually going to be purchasing a "real trailer" rather than a rented uhaul that has shock brakes or however you want to call it. The question is for the brake controller. What boost settings do you guys use? If I'm not mistaken the instructions say that if you are towing something the same load or less. Use NO boost. What are your guy's opinion? I will be towing a 2800 pound car with a trailer which I am unaware of the weight.

I know I will have more questions so please bear with me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use a prodigy as well. Don't tow the big trailers regularly, so I don't remember the boost levels. I keep the manual in the console and have always set it according to the manual. Seems like it was on 1 when empty and 2 when loaded. I played around with different settings when I first towed with it and found the manual to be spot on. Most important thing is to read it all. Getting your basic setting right is just as important as the boost, probably more so. My regular trailer is 6500-7000 loaded. I've hauled it on a 1000 mile round trip and around town. I also hauled a tractor and implements that were probably just over 8k for a short distance. The prodigy works great.

Don't forget to use the reverse lockout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts