Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inow tow a 6500 pond travel trailer with my 08 Tundra. Looking for 5th wheel trailer/ What can I do to tow 5th wheel travel trailer with my Tundra.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
move to the towing section for starters.

then get a fifth wheel hitch and a trailer and tow. not too complicated. :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Definitely a topic you should spend some time SEARCHING about before asking. So much information is already available on this forum.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Many many many many many many identical threads. Some on the Tundra forum, some on Towing. In short, anything with a pin weight (dry) under 1,000 lbs will be a piece of cake. Probably when you get to the rated payload (1,500 lbs) you'll start thinking about better tires, air bags, maybe rear sway bar.
As someone who has towed many miles well over the rated payload with the above mentioned modifications, I'd say most trailers with not too many slides up to about 30 feet will not over stress the Tundra. My dry pin weight on my 5th wheel is a shade over 1,300 lbs. Fully loaded, I'm at almost 2,000 lbs. That is, my rear axle weight on a scale is somewhere around 4,800 lbs (can't remember exactly) and I've yet to be disappointed with the truck's ability to handle this.
Of course this is an internet forum, you never know, I could be some kind of psychopathic homicidal sheep shagger, but if you look at your truck, look at the numbers, recognize the engineering tolerances built into this, and don't let the power of the powertrain lure you into hauling that weight at 80 MPH down the interstate, you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts