Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In December 09' I moved from Houston, Tx. to Boise, Id. Not wanting to buy another vehicle I kept my current truck. It made the trip pulling a double axle U-Haul 6x12' trailer and loaded bed. All told my truck had about 8,000 additional pounds of trailer and cargo. I experienced no oil consumption, heating up, or any problems at all.

When I arrived here I needed to stay with my buddy for 2 months and commute 50 miles from his place into Boise to work. A few days the snow and ice made for an interesting drive in. The stock Bridgestone tires that were on the truck since new were worn out and needed replacing after 44,850 miles. After shopping around I decided on the Toyo HT tires. Most places wanted $1300 for the set. OUCH! Les Schwab was having a sale last week and I was able to have a set of these tires put on for $950. These have a 60,000 mile warranty and lifetime free rotation.

It snowed about 4" here Saturday and I decided to try out my new tires. I could not not get the truck to spin, slip, or slide no matter how hard I turned, braked, or accelerated. This is with all the nannies left on and no changes made when the truck was started. These tires are a great equalizer for a 2WD truck. Lastly, this is a very smooth riding and quiet tire to boot. The road noise is decreased and steering improved.

So anyone out there looking for a replacement highway tire for the factory 20" rim, I highly recommend this brand and type of tire.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bet they're a huge improvement over the stock Bridgestones. Post some pics if you have time.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ive got toyo OC AT's and love them. i too tested it in the snow and stuff and they hooked up all the time..and i gave 750 for mine off craigslist from a guy who has an off road shop. love the toyos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts