Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant get my hands on the Toyo AT2 extreme (285-75-17.) Ive been trying for 6 months and may have to just end up going with the Nitto Terra grapplers unfortunantly. Seems like its a west coast distributers cant get any. East coast tire stores all seem to have them. Has anyone had this issue, or found a way around it?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This site lets you purchase them, but you don't receive them until they become in stock. Kind of deceiving because it doesn't tell you prior to purchase.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I have the terra grapplers in a smaller size. They are doing just fine.

They came on the truck and wouldn't have been my first choice but after using them I have no complaints. I think they will last around 45-55K miles depending on how much I want to stretch it. They have some power braking on them as well which did take some toll.

One of my friends is getting 65-70K out of them in a diesel 2500 he uses for work.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called and left a message today. Their website has the tires, but shows them out of stock so Im guessing they get their tires from an east coast distributer. Thanks anyway and ill see what Brian says when he calls back.

Im surprised there aren't more people trying to get these tires. They are rated the highest overall AT by many companies. Not to mention 65k warranty and they look super aggressive.

·
Registered
832 Posts
A lot of people use them on 2500 4x4 Dodges because they will fit without a lift and fit the wheel well proportionally. Stock wheels were 17s on those trucks till recently.

They also have a super high load rating. I think it is over 4000lbs.

·
Registered
832 Posts
With that real high load rating they may ride a tad rough.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im located in Thousand Oaks, just west of Los Angeles. Im currently trying to get Americas tire co. to have one of their east coast stores ship a set out this way, because their west coast stores use a different distributer which is out of stock. Thanks for looking into it Shiggydiggy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts