Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a limited DC 4x4 with the 20" carved wheels - does anyone know the largest Toyo open country tire I can put on it without rubbing issues (either A/T or M/T)? I ask this because my local Les Schwab tire dealer told me that 275 was the replacement for my truck, however i know that 285's are being put on these rims but they're BFG tires. I'm worried that these tires might look silly with an agressive tread pattern if too skinny. Worst case I can always buy the BFG's.

My truck is not lifted, nor do I plan to lift it. I might have it leveled but it won't be right away. I'm looking for a more agressive look and a tire that'll handle the Folsom Lake muddy banks a little better than my stock tires when launching my watercraft.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Very sharp truck Big Tool! Got any lift/lower plans for it?

·
Premium Member
3,052 Posts
I've got the 20" toyo tires on my sierra, and they are pretty decent rubbers thus far. I have the AT's which are slightly noisy compared to my goodyear AT's that came on my truck. But overall i'm very pleased with them thus far. dwayne_wayne69dguj - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nice looking truck, what are you getting for milage out of the toyos? I love my toyos, but I worry they arent going to make it to 50k.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Nice looking truck, what are you getting for milage out of the toyos? I love my toyos, but I worry they arent going to make it to 50k.
My dad has a set on his 05 avalanche which Have over 40,000 miles, They are in desperate need of a rotation though. Getting a bit noisy, but he dosen't give a crap since he got his denali the avalanche is basically just another beater. I was planning on doing just a b/L but after the tires and rims the truck just rides so good, power is great, and not to mention in person it already turns plenty of heads as it is so i guess i'll just let it be. Now i'm focusing on the audio department:devil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts