Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been able to use the toyota camera to back up to a trailer properly? If so... I'd install one on my '10 Reg cab long, 5.7.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, so easy it feels like I'm cheating :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
yeah its the #1 reason i bought another limited with nav.. i always have to load my boat trailer by myself and this makes easy work of it

·
Registered
246 Posts
I used the one in my '07 last weekend for just that. It really did feel like cheating.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine is mounted on the top of my license plate so I get a pretty good "fisheye" effect from that but still easier than not having one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello, i use mine everyday when backing out of the angled parking spots at work. i use to just ease out slowly ( usually a pick-up with shell parks next to me and i cannot see anything coming)now my fish shows me at least a dozen cars up the lane.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I too got the Cavender camera kit for my '10 dbl cab/tow package. Last sat was the first tow with the new truck. I backed right up to the trailer hitch. The camera is right be side the tail gate latch The view is perfect just make sure the trailer tounge is high enough for your ball. I was very impressed with the cameras clarity. Go all the way and add the toggle switch so you can view when you are not in reverse. The install very easy. It's real cheap insurance one back up into yor trailer tounge or any thing else and it pays for itself. Plus it's a great mod

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
my camera is right at the top of my LP and im used to it, and can line up perfectly with mine now...its staring right at my hitch so i kinda dont have any excuse to miss.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
As stated, it is extremely useful for hitching up a trailer. I use mine almost every other day and it makes hitching up my trailers a one man job with ease. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Back-up camera for use in hitching a trailer.....

Yeah, this camera has PREVENTED at least 50 fights between my spouse and I....

GREATEST single purchase for marital harmony that a man can buy.

DO IT! (Just NOT for mother's day)
Peacemakerpete

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
So I guess you have hooked up your trailer about 50 times.

Turn right. My left or your left? huh? go this way. if i cannot see you, how do i know which way you are pointing? sound familiar?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have an 07 Tundra Limited, backup camera and navigation display. Can you wire the camera so it is "on" while in Drive?? I'd love to see the action of the trailer hitch while going down the highway at 65....

Randy

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with Wumper, now I don't have to even ask the wife to go out or jump in and out of the rig 9 times. Mine is factory so is in the tailgate handle and looks right onto the hitch where I can put the tongue right under the hitch.

It is also nice backing up in a parking lot as I can see what is coming at me from a distance, you know that mom in a minivan screaming at her kids and tearing down the parking lot aisle because their late for band camp.

Webby

1 - 16 of 16 Posts