Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Toyota bumps incentives another $1,000 on Tundra

Mark Rechtin

LOS ANGELES -- Facing pricing pressure from domestic automakers willing to place cash incentives on their full-sized pickups, Toyota Division has added a nationwide $1,000 spiff on the just-launched 2007 Tundra.

The new incentive can only be applied to help a customer with a vehicle trade-in allowance, said Denise Morrissey of Toyota. Dealers do not have to spend the entire $1,000; they can offer it how they see fit, Morrissey said.

Toyota already has incentives of up to $2,000 cash back on the Tundra, which vary by model and region. The standard cab Tundra has as much as $2,000 cash back, depending on the region. The extended cab model has up to a $1,000 spiff. The Crew Max model has no incentives, and the trade-in assistance is not applicable on that model, Morrissey said.

Toyota Financial Services also has special APR and lease rates for customers with Tier 1 or Tier 2 credit ratings.

The trade-in incentive is effective through the end of April. The other incentives are expected to stay in force next month as well.

You may e-mail Mark Rechtin at [email protected]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] story [/FONT]

[/FONT]

·
Registered
330 Posts
Roughly translated.

"Oops, we priced our trucks too high and we are not selling as many as we thought we would"

·
Registered
39 Posts
Roughly translated.

"Oops, we priced our trucks too high and we are not selling as many as we thought we would"

...or,

"We know the competition uses incentives all the time and they will not hesitate to lower their prices when we introduce our truck. Let's take that into account into our initial pricing and then play the same game.":cool:

Not sure which one is true, but that's another possibility.

·
Registered
338 Posts

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Toyota bumps incentives another $1,000 on Tundra

Mark Rechtin

LOS ANGELES -- Facing pricing pressure from domestic automakers willing to place cash incentives on their full-sized pickups, Toyota Division has added a nationwide $1,000 spiff on the just-launched 2007 Tundra.

The new incentive can only be applied to help a customer with a vehicle trade-in allowance, said Denise Morrissey of Toyota. Dealers do not have to spend the entire $1,000; they can offer it how they see fit, Morrissey said.

Toyota already has incentives of up to $2,000 cash back on the Tundra, which vary by model and region. The standard cab Tundra has as much as $2,000 cash back, depending on the region. The extended cab model has up to a $1,000 spiff. The Crew Max model has no incentives, and the trade-in assistance is not applicable on that model, Morrissey said.

Toyota Financial Services also has special APR and lease rates for customers with Tier 1 or Tier 2 credit ratings.

The trade-in incentive is effective through the end of April. The other incentives are expected to stay in force next month as well.

You may e-mail Mark Rechtin at [email protected]

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] story [/FONT]

[/FONT]
I leased mine thru TMC last month. I negotiated the purchase price from 34.5k to 32k, plus got an extra 1k thru leasing, which I got the best terms I have over my previous 3 TMC leases. So there are good deals out there.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Oh yeah, there'll be more incentives in the coming months. Fortunately for me, the reg cab, standard bed, 5.7L base truck is not yet available in my area. So I decided to postpone buying up till the end of the year. Hopefully by that time, there will be more of the cheaper 5.7L models available. I don't really need all that SR5, towing package, towing mirrors, etc. And all these dealers that I've been to didn't believe me when I told them that there will be incentives coming up in the next few months.:cool:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Toyota will sell a bunch of trucks if...

The work truck single cab 5.7 is priced under $18,000.

The well equipped SR5 DC 4x4 sells for around $26,000 - $29,000.

A well equippped SR5 CrewMax 4x4 sells for under $34,000.

Toyota needs to remember, there are other mfg's out there selling vehicles that sell well below thier offerings. They also need to remember they were just selling highly sought after '06 DC 4x4 SR5 Crews for under $26,000!

·
Registered
193 Posts
All the better, I am going tommorow to look through the June allocation of Crewmaxes for my local dealer, and hopefully we can find something to my liking so I don't have to special order. I was going to get it without the 1k, with the 1k it just makes my note $23 cheaper.

·
Registered
330 Posts
...or,

"We know the competition uses incentives all the time and they will not hesitate to lower their prices when we introduce our truck. Let's take that into account into our initial pricing and then play the same game.":cool:

Not sure which one is true, but that's another possibility.
Seems like if anyone needs to make pricing changes, it's the one that costs more and sells less.:cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Seems like if anyone needs to make pricing changes, it's the one that costs more and sells less.:cool:
....but is among the most profitable car and truck manufactures in the world. So they can't be totally wrong, eh!

Jochen

·
Registered
330 Posts
....but is among the most profitable car and truck manufactures in the world. So they can't be totally wrong, eh!

Jochen
No, they've got it right in many areas but their bread and butter is certainly not in the truck market at this point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts