Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
today I was with my friend discussing the tundra weight compared to land curiser. when you see the tundra its huge beside the land cruiser and you feel like its a massive truck or bus :D .

anyway, long time ago i checked both cars specs at toyota.com and her are the numbers.

tundra

Curb weight (lb.)5645
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) (lb.)7200
Fuel tank (gal.)26.4

land crusier

Curb weight (lb.)5765
Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) (lb.)7275

Fuel tank (gal.)

and btw i'm sure the fuel tank is incorrect because i tried fueling both cars full and theres a big difference, her in UAE tundra full tank cost max 150 AED and the land cruiser full tank cost about 230 AED .

so whats your thoughts guys? do you think there is a mistake with the specs?

thanks for comeing :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
my 2010 crewmax with 20" rims and running boards added on came in at 5620lbs with 9 gallons of gas.. so the rating is actually heavier

the reason you might not be able to fill the tundra up 26.4 gallons is because the warning light comes on at 6 gallons left so unless you want to run her dry I have never put more than 21 in mine even running the light for a tad..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my 2010 crewmax with 20" rims and running boards added on came in at 5620lbs with 9 gallons of gas.. so the rating is actually heavier

the reason you might not be able to fill the tundra up 26.4 gallons is because the warning light comes on at 6 gallons left so unless you want to run her dry I have never put more than 21 in mine even running the light for a tad..
hmm, tundra 150 AED = 40$
cruiser 220 AED = 62$ it can take more
so its a big difference, the spec says tundra can take more fuel but its the opposite :eek:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is this a NorthAmerican spec landcruiser, the one I drove in Germany was a standard with diesel. No comparison with mu 08 Tundra.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My last dump trip, My Double Cab 4x4 weighted 5685 with almost a full tank empty. I weighed 7145 when I entered with my old patio cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts